Britain's second fatal victim was a grandad returning from a dream cruise holiday abroad, it has been reported.
On Friday the man, understood to be 88, died at Milton Keynes Hospital after he was admitted with suspected pneumonia on March 3.
Health Secretary Matt Hancock said he had "underlying health conditions".
A source told the Milton Keynes Citizen:"He was coughing excessively and another patient in the ward had complained to a nurse that should be checking him for coronavirus.
"The nurse told him not to worry about it and that he is being dealt with. Within six hours of him being on the ward, he was removed from the ward and we assume he was put into isolation.
Which shops are rationing supplies due to the coronavirus outbreak
Porn star urges fans to wash hands in peculiar coronavirus advice video
"When family turned up on Wednesday to visit him, they were informed that he had been put into isolation and was being tested for the coronavirus. They were made to wear suits in order to visit him and were only allowed in two at a time."
Reports suggest he visited a number of countries in the Caribbean, with officials now urgently contacting people he had been in contact with.
His family have now been told to self-isolate.
Following the death, Mr Hancock said: "I am very sorry to hear the news of a second death here in the UK of somebody with coronavirus.
NBA tells teams to prepare to play games without fans due to coronavirus
"My condolences go out to the family and to his loved ones."
And Professor Chris Whitty, Chief Medical Officer for England, said: "I am very sorry to report a second patient in England who tested positive Covid-19 has sadly died.
"I offer my sincere condolences to their family and friends and ask that their request for privacy is requested.
"The patient, who was being treated at the Milton Keynes University Hospital, was an older patient who had underlying health conditions. Contact tracing is already underway."
Source: Read Full Article