Police hunting for a serial killer have linked two more shootings to a killing spree with six people dying this year.
Stockton Police in California have linked the shootings from last year to a possible serial killer roaming the streets, which has seen six men ambushed and shot.
This morning (Tuesday, October 4) the cops said they were looking into the two other cases, from April 2021, including the death of a 40-year-old Hispanic man.
READ MORE: Waitress makes dark serial killer joke – not realising she's with Ted Bundy's relative
The killing takes the total count up to six deaths since, and now there is a reward of $95,000 (£82,591) for information that leads to an arrest.
Police say that the victims of the alleged serial shooter do not appear to have known each other, nor are any of the incidents believed to be gang-related.
On Saturday, October 1, police confirmed that the deaths of five men were likely linked and that they were looking for a "person of interest" pictured in a grainy image of a man.
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
Stockton Police Officer Joseph Silva said: "It definitely meets the definition of a serial killer. What makes this different is the shooter is just looking for an opportunity, and unfortunately our victims were alone in a dark area."
It is unclear if all seven shootings involved the same gun, but firearm evidence has been known to link the crimes.
All of the crimes occurred in the early hours of the morning and five of the seven victims were of a Hispanic origin, though police are still searching for extra clues to help piece things together.
Silva added: "To be honest, we just don't know. This person or people who are out doing this, they are definitely very bold and brazen."
All of the Stockton killings took place within a few square miles of each other, but the revelation of the linked Oakland killing has widened the scope.
The full list of shootings is as follows:
- April 10, 2021 – a 40-year-old Hispanic man was shot at 4.18am in Oakland, California.
- April 16, 2021 – a 46-year-old black woman survived a shooting at 3.30am in Park Street and Union Street in Stockton.
- July 8, 2022 – a 35-year-old white man was shot at 12.31am in the 5600 block of Kermit Lane.
- August 11, 2022 – a 43-year-old Hispanic man was shot at 9.49pm in the 4900 block of West Lane.
- August 30, 2022 – a 21-year-old Hispanic man was shot at 6.41am in the 800 block E. Hammer Lane.
- September 21, 2022 – a 52-year-old Hispanic man was shot at 4.27am in the 4400 block of Manchester Avenue.
- September 27, 2022 – a 54-year-old Hispanic man was shot at 1.53am in the 900 block of Porter Avenue.
Stockton Police Chief Stanley McFadden said on Facebook earlier this week: "Again, our detectives and task force officers have been working around the clock on these investigations."
The city of Stockton is around 50 miles south of the Californian state capital of Sacramento.
- Evil serial killer Peter Tobin 'in agony' as health deteriorates after breaking hip
- Moors Murderers' victim Keith Bennett 'strangled with piece of string' by vile Ian Brady
- Cannibal killer Jeffrey Dahmer tried to turn victims into 'zombie love slaves'
- Father of cannibal killer Jeffrey Dahmer 'wished evil son suffered fate of victims'
- Disturbing moment warped serial killer describes taking victim's 'mummified head' to work
Source: Read Full Article