Queen’s cousin ‘wasn’t keen’ on Harry and Meghan’s Oprah interview

The Queen’s cousin "isn't keen" on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Oprah Winfrey interview, but praised the monarch for "getting on with it".

Russian Princess Olga Romanov, a third cousin of Her Majesty, will appear in an ITV special called The Queen and Her Cousins.

In it, she gives her views on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s decision to speak with the US TV host.

Olga will be quizzed by host Alexander Armstrong, OK! reports.

At one point, he asks: “Is there still a fairy story thing that attaches to royalty do you think?”

Olga responds: “Well yes and no. It all depends on how many times they tell you about their problems on television which I’m afraid I’m not very keen on.”

In their interview with Oprah Winfrey, Harry and Meghan made a series of explosive allegations against the Royal Family.

The duchess claimed that one senior royal had questioned how dark Archie’s skin would be, and said she was refused help after revealing she had been suffering from suicidal thoughts.

Harry also claimed that Prince Charles had stopped taking his calls after Megxit.

  • Worst-ever military blunders in history 60 years since Bay of Pigs disaster

When Alexander proceeds to ask what her view of the Sussexes is, Olga simply shakes her head and says: “Not great.”

Olga continues: “I mean the Queen’s never sat there and said about anything that makes her miserable has she? She’s always got on with it.

“The most she ever did was that Annus Horribilis which I thought was wonderful. I think a bit of mystique and all that is a very good thing.”

During a speech marking her Ruby Jubilee in 1992, Her Majesty joked it had been an “Annus Horribilis”, Latin for “horrible year”.

In contrast to Olga's critique, many praised Harry and Meghan for speaking out and telling their side of the story.

US journalist Gayle King said Meghan had been "very brave" when talking about her mental health.

Harry will be reunited with other royals at Prince Philip’s funeral on Saturday, April 16.

However, he will not walk alongside Prince William during the ceremony.

They will instead be separated by their cousin Peter Philips, son of the Duke of Edinburgh’s daughter, Princess Anne.

A source told the Daily Mirror that all grievances will be put aside on the day.

They said: “Despite everything that has gone on and the wounds are still pretty raw, everyone is hoping any disputes will be parked for another day.

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

“This is about giving the duke the send off he deserves surrounded by his family.”

The Duke of Edinburgh reportedly requested a funeral without fuss, and his coffin has been kept out of the public eye.

The ceremony is set to begin at 3pm after a national minute’s silence, and is expected to last around 50 minutes.

For emotional support, you can call the Samaritans 24-hour helpline on 116 123, email jo@samaritans.org, visit a Samaritans branch in person or go to the Samaritans website.

Source: Read Full Article