Prince Harry "absolutely" still plans to join William at Diana statue event

Prince Harry "absolutely" plans to go to a memorial event for Princess Diana alongside brother William, insiders say — but they worry how the Duke will "face his family" following his latest bombshell claims.

The princes have had a tense relationship since Megxit but will come together to honour their late mum at Kensington Palace on July 1, where a statue will be unveiled on what would have been Diana's 60th birthday.

"No one is going to tell Harry not to come, but how does he face his family?" one palace insider told Page Six after the 36-year-old accused his dad, Prince Charles, of passing on his "pain and suffering" in a recent interview.

“Harry’s still coming, we’re told, but how will it all go down?” they added.

“Will he just turn up on the day without having seen them beforehand?”

The troubled royal brothers haven't met since their grandfather Prince Philip's funeral in April. Prince William is reported to be deeply hurt by Harry calling out the family so publicly.

"It's just one thing after another," a different source close to Buckingham Palace said.

"Things have been terrible since Megxit, then Harry and Meghan gave that nuclear Oprah interview – and now Harry has spoken out again."

The former military pilot quit royal life in a dramatic move in January 2020 to live in the United States.

Last week, speaking to Dax Shepard on the "Armchair Expert" podcast, he said he had considered abandoning royal life since his "early 20s" because of what it did to his mum.

After the interview, another palace source told Page Six: "It's so tiring. Stop whining about how awful your privileged upbringing was… and stop using your title if you are so miserable about being royal."

Meghan and Harry 'Find Freedom'

  • Queen 'snubbed' over christening
  • Wills' killer five words to Harry
  • Moment Queen realised it was over
  • Kate's ruthless snub to Meghan
  • A different insider joked: “We really should start calling him Henry Wales.”

    On Tuesday there were reports Harry had threatened not to come to the event at all if his wife Meghan wasn't given a role.

    But there's been no official indication that his plan to return to Britain for the tribute to Diana has changed.

    The sculpture was commissioned by both princes and will sit in the gardens of Kensington Palace. It was commissioned in 2017 to recognise the "positive impact" of the late princess and mark the 20th anniversary of her death.

    Royal officials said the construction of the effigy had been delayed by the coronavirus pandemic, but it's now set to go ahead in July.

    Artist Ian Rank-Broadley created the figure, whose famous portrait of Queen Elizabeth is on all British coins.

    A representative for the Sussexes was unavailable for comment.

    Source: Read Full Article