Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!
The bomb squad have been deployed to a Liverpool street just days after the horror hospital terrorist attack.
Officers have extended a cordon by "several hundred metres" along Boaler Street, with several police cars also at the scene this afternoon.
The Royal Logistics Corp bomb disposal team were seen entering the cordon shortly before 3pm today, (November 17).
Residents have been told they're not allowed to return home as investigators look into items they've found in relation to the Liverpool Women's Hospital bombing.
Some have been told to go to a nearby primary school to shelter while the work is carried out.
Those who were inside while the cordon was put in place have been urged to stay indoors and not to come outside, writes the Liverpool Echo.
There is also a cordon in Sutcliffe Street with officers needing to assess materials found inside a property, Counter Terrorism Policing North West has said.
In a tweet, the force said: "Officers in Merseyside have extended a cordon on Sutcliffe Street in the Kensington area to allow officers to make an assessment of materials found in a property that we've been searching.
"This is only as a precaution and we will provide updates when we have them."
Forensics were spotted at the address of asylum seeker Emad Jamil Al Swealmeen, the man who was killed after a bomb exploded inside a taxi on November 14 (Remembrance Sunday).
The 32-year-old, from Iraq, had moved to the UK and converted to Christianity.
An initial post-mortem examination has determined his cause of death was due to injuries sustained from the fire and blast, Assistant Chief Constable, Russ Jackson, said today.
Christian couple who took Liverpool hospital terror suspect 'shocked as they loved him'
A motive for the planned attack, which saw the vehicle be engulfed in a fireball near a drop-off point outside the health centre, has not yet been established.
However, cops believe Al Swealmeen had been buying parts for his homemade device since at least April and had been living at an address in Rutland Street from that time.
Mr Jackson continued: "Our enquiries have found that Al Swealmeen has had episodes of mental illness, this will form part of the investigation and will take some time to fully understand."
Those who knew Swealmeen are being asked to get in touch with officers so they can "piece together the events leading up to this incident and the reasons for it."
Merseyside Police have urged that there is so far no link to other areas in the city for cause of concern, "and as more becomes known we cannot rule out action against others."
Images and video of the horrific blaze were shared online, which shows the taxi drive into the hospital grounds.
After a few moments, the car slows to a stop and a blast can be seen erupting inside the car.
Smoke fills inside the vehicle, as a man stumbles out from the diver's seat a mere few seconds later – who has been named locally as David Perry.
Mr Perry miraculously survived the bomb blast, but Swealmeen, who changed his name to Enzo Almeni, died from the explosion.
It comes as security bosses have reviewed plans for major events after the terror threat level was raised following the terror attack.
Armed police will increase their patrols in key locations with officers boosting their work online.
Assistant Commissioner Matt Jukes, the head of UK counter-terrorism policing said areas "all across the country" will have their plans reviewed, and there will be dedicated counter-terror patrols in places like London.
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Source: Read Full Article